There is no power to read everything about healthcare banners? Watch the video!
Rich media pharma ads boost performance
- 6X’s higher engagement rates
- Up to 1000% increase in ad interactions
- 0.14% average CTRs
Interactive features increase ROI
- Video – 45.32% average completion rate
- Geo locater – 11.48% average completion rate
- Carousel – 52.12% average completion rate
- Data capture – 0.5% average submission rate
(Source: R2i 2014)
Healthcare banner ads also….
- Beat banner blindness
- Improve brand recall
- Help you stand out from the competition
So how do you build effective pharma banner ads?
Just follow these simple tips for Building Epic Pharma and Healthcare Banner Ads!
Building out an effective, high-impact campaign is easiest when you start with the end in mind.
- What are you trying to accomplish with this campaign?
- How will the brand measure success?
- How can you link your call to action to your performance objectives?
Remember: Clicks are great, but they’re not always an accurate measurement of your campaign’s success. Interaction rates are a better indicator of how your ad performed.
|Creating engagement||Build interactive elements into the content so users spend more time on it|
|Driving traffic||Compelling content with a strong call to action (CTA)|
|Building brand awareness||Build memorable images, video or copy into the content|
Know your audience
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all campaign. Knowing your audience helps you build compelling, relevant campaigns that are more likely to connect with them.
- Parents are often in research mode, looking for user-friendly, schedule-friendly resources
- Millennials connect with humor, pop culture and the opportunity for self-expression
- Boomers respond to clear, concise messaging that speaks to their pain points
- Health care practitioners are looking for quick, actionable solutions for their patients
Pro tip: Targeting capabilities and dynamic campaigns are the perfect way to get your ads in front of the right audience at the right time. Make sure your digital production partner understands how to build pharma ads that meet the unique spec requirements of these technologies.
Consumers have shorter attention spans divided between more devices and platforms than ever before
How to stand out
- Eye-catching visuals
- Concise, compelling copy
- Cross-screen approach
Benefits of grabbing attention
- Longer interaction
- Better brand recall
- Boost to key metrics
Consider this: High impact ad formats – think video, overlays, interactive elements – enable unique intros, so you can capture attention faster in those crucial opening microseconds.
Start from creative
The best way to snag attention and stand out from the competition: quality creative.
Winning Creative Formula
- What are your target audience’s pain points and goals?
- How does your product make their life better?
- Build a story around that.
Opt for simplicity
Just because you can build almost anything with rich media, doesn’t mean you should
Banner ads have limited space. And sometimes less is more.
Guidelines for effective rich media ads
- 1-2 high-impact features (animation, interactivity)
- Not too many bold colors
- Auto-scrolling ISI (for branded campaigns)
- Concise copy
Use clear messaging
Opt for clarity, not clutter. Every piece and frame of your banner ad needs to earn its keep and help guide the viewer along their journey.
Unique selling proposition is highlighted up front to grab attention
Indication and ISI are visible but not intrusive
Scrolling capability maximizes space
Great use of brand colors without overwhelming the space
Restatement of ad message encourages viewer to ‘Learn More’
Call to action stands out – it’s obvious what the viewer should do next
Go for interactive
Why is interactive production so effective?
Giving viewers control over their brand experience →
Higher completion and engagement rates
Better brand recall
This Tecfidera ad is great example of an interactive banner ad that enables the viewer (in this case, practitioners) to interact with the ad – roll over to watch a video snippet, download the ISI – without leaving the site they’re on.
Just remember: if you include an interactive element, make it clear why the viewer should interact with your ad.
Make your call to action unmissable
You have your target audience’s attention. Now what?
DON’T worry about CTA color “rules”
Everyone has a different opinion about what makes the “best” CTA button color. We say, pick something that stands out and complements the banner. Then test to see if certain colors perform better than other.
Remember, every campaign will be different. Just because a color did well in one campaign doesn’t mean it will in the next one.
DO make it clear what viewers should do next
On this Vimpat ad, it’s clear the goal is for the practitioner to start using Vimpat for qualifying patients. But…how? Is this banner meant to boost awareness only? What if a practitioner wants to learn more?
Are you ready to transform your pharma banner production process?
Digitaland helps digital media teams launch rich media campaigns seamlessly across any vendor, platform or screen.
- High-volume capabilities
- Average campaign turn time: 1-4 weeks
- 15+ years experience
- Adtech experts