Have you shied away from rolling out a global, dynamic banner ad campaign, afraid of nightmarish digital production and launch logistics?
If so, you’re not alone. It’s difficult to execute large campaigns on platforms like Sizmek and DoubleClick, which don’t have user-friendly capabilities for launching dynamic creative banner campaigns at scale. The available options are resource-intensive, which doesn’t work for global campaigns that can involve anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 banners.
To add to the confusion, hundreds of agencies and dynamic banner production studios offer dynamic creative capabilities – from a la carte services like banner ad builds and ad serving to all-in-one digital production packages – that require advertisers switch over to the agency’s premium, private label tools and platforms.
Here’s the thing…
Executing a dynamic creative campaign on your current platform can be easy. But before we dive into that, let’s look at why advertisers should consider dynamic banner ads in the first place.
Dynamic banner ads are powerful
Imagine this: it’s 95 degrees outside. The office AC is on the fritz again and whoever took the last ice cubes forgot to refill the tray with water. You’re frustrated, sweating away in your office, working on a deadline. When you pull up a reference article, an expandable, animated ad catches your eye because it has your location and local temperatures alongside a refreshing-looking iced beverage from a popular juice chain. The call to action? Find the location nearest to you and get a 15% coupon.
On the other side of the globe, one of your team members is waking up to a chilly, frigid morning. They scroll through their favorite news site and see an ad from the same juice chain. But this one invites them to warm up with a new hot cocoa offering, available exclusively at a location down the street from them.
That’s the power of dynamic banner ads, but it’s a power that most brands don’t use often enough.
Building better banner ads with dynamic creative
Dynamic rich media enables you to deliver ads your audience actually wants to see with HTML5 development.
- Dynamic banner ads personalize the ad experience: Irrelevant ads are just as irksome as intrusive ads. Dynamic banner ads serve your audience messaging based on their browsing behavior, location and more. Translation: it’s messaging they can connect with. Personalized ads are more relevant, compelling and attention-grabbing, driving key metrics like interaction rates and engagement.
- Dynamic banner ads stand out from the noise: Generic banner ads fade into banner blindness territory. But the moment something relevant to the viewer catches their eye – it could be tied to their location, local weather or a recent product view – they recognize it and give it a second look. Few things stand out like creative, relevant, targeted messaging.
- Dynamic banner ads are versatile: Building hundreds or thousands of ad variations ensures you can serve the perfect ad, every time, to every viewer. No matter where they are or what device they’re on. You can also tap into mobile better with mobile-specific technologies (like geolocation) while building brand awareness across different screens and platforms.
The easy way to build dynamic creative into your next global campaign
You already know all the reasons to use your current platform to deliver a dynamic, global banner ad campaign:
- Yours assets are already on your platform
- Your data is there, too
- Your platform has powerful tools and reach
- You don’t have the time or patience to switch
Working on top of your existing tools, whether it’s DoubleClick, Sizmek or another platform, enables you to go to market faster and more efficiently. It also taps into the power and reach of your existing platforms and processes.
The good news? You don’t need to give up your existing platform, or pour a ton of resources into production, to make your next global campaign dynamic. The right digital production partner will understand your platform, processes and have the capabilities to build dynamic rich media solutions directly into your existing systems. How do you choose the right production agency?
Choose the right digital production partner – DoubleClick Partner
If you have a campaign with 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000 banner ads, adding in dynamic banner production may seem overwhelming. That’s why it’s important to work with a digital production partner that can work within your existing tools and frameworks. Remember: your digital production partner, DoubleClick Partner, should conform to your existing workflows, not the other way around. Not sure where to start? Check out our handy list of screening questions.